PC Magazine's Editors Choice & Top Pick for the SMB
How it worksFree TrialVIP RewardsCompare all vq Products
Company Products Features Partners Support The Lab Contact Us Home
 Vanquish Forum Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Configuring MS Exchange for vqNow or vqSA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vanquish Forum Index -> vqSA/vqNow Admin Community
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tortoise62

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Configuring MS Exchange for vqNow or vqSA Reply with quote

I am recommending your service to a client. Before they 'take the plunge' they want to try out the service. They host their own mail on Exchange 2003 - and use Outlook 2003 clients.

Q1: Would your trial work if I configured Exchange/Outlook as follows:
    Create contact with SMTP address = vanquish account
    Forward user's email to newly created contact
    Modify Outlook to POP vanquish account
    POP delivery point to Exchange mailbox
If my reviewer is satisfied, my intention is to convince them of using the virtual hosted server.
--VQ--
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I correctly understand your question, I have good news for you. vqNow works wtih MS Exchange (all versions) without making any change to the POP settings on the Outlook accounts of individual users. That's because unlike our vqME retail service, with this hosted solution, mail originates on our server (via MX) and then is delivered directly into your existing mail server, hosted domain, or ISP.

Additionally, depending upon your mail hosting, your users may not even need to change their outgoing/SMTP settings. If you control your own server (rather than sharing with other non-protected domains), you can relay your smtp traffic into our server and leave all user settings exactly as they are.

These three links provide related details:
tortoise62

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Exchange Based Trial Reply with quote

Did I read you right? Is there a trial period for testing the hosted service before committing? If so... I'll be signing up my clients Monday!
--VQ--
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: (March 2008): Prospective users can now test vqNow across an entire domain or
any subset of addresses. vqNow: The premier hosted small business email security solution

Other ways to try Vanquish risk free:
  • Create a trial account on vqME, our retail service. It lets you play with the same user interface and is built upon the same antispam, antivirus and anti-phishing technology. The only significant difference is that the retail service includes your IN box and archived folders (and a web mail interface), because the mail ends up on our server.

• All Vanquish products and services offer a cash refund for accounts that cancelled within 30 days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vanquish Forum Index -> vqSA/vqNow Admin Community All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: