PC Magazine's Editors Choice & Top Pick for the SMB
How it worksFree TrialVIP RewardsCompare all vq Products
Company Products Features Partners Support The Lab Contact Us Home
 Vanquish Forum Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Smart subject with wildcard?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
william

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Smart subject with wildcard? Reply with quote

I maintain several email lists on Yahoo Groups. I frequently get email with the subject "APPROVE - xxx@yyy.zzz wants to join group" or a similar subject to approve posts to restricted lists.

These emails are sent from "group-owner@yahoogroups.com". You would think that I could just allow this email address, however, the spammers have of course long since figured that one out, so that's not going to work.

The subject is unique in each case, but most of it is always the same. It would be very convenient to be able to have a Smart Subject that worked for these.

Thanks for the great (and getting even better!) service...

William
fbrack

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Smart Subjects Reply with quote

I thought I read somewhere long ago that partial smart subjects was going to be added as a feature "soon." I, too, have the need to specify some phrases that would likely be used as part of a subject for a legitiate email from an unknown party. When might we expect this enhancement?

Fred
fbrack

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Sort by Subject in Held Mail Reply with quote

I choose not to use confirmation requests, so I need to sort through all the spam daily in my held mail. It would be a big help if I could SORT BY SUBJECT. So much spam comes with the same dribble of a subject but to multiple addresses I maintain that seeing the emails grouped by subject would allow me to scan over them faster than reading each subject line separately.

Fred
--VQ--
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say "soon", because the number of engineering projects is perhaps greater than the sands on the beach. But I do know that enhancing the SmartSubject feature (and making it a lot "Smarter") is higher on our list of priorities than most others.

When we address this important improvement, our wish list inlcudes Wild Cards, Sliding Match-Windows, and now Sorting (Thank you fbrack).
fbrack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Smart Subject With Wild Card Reply with quote

It's been nearly 4 years now since you indicated smart subjects with wild cards was fairly high on the priority list. Don't you think it's way overdue to be added? This problem affects me several times a week, and it is getting really annoying that I have to keep coming to held mail so often.
--VQ--
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Yes. I agree that the original inquiry and intentended feature has been long in coming.

In that time, a slew of major features has been announced along with refinements to existing features. Yet none have dealt with SmartSubject...

In the past year, we have brought in fresh R&D talent. I will talk with our senior engineers today and see if we can't make SmartSubject more useful. We do have several threads from users and we will review all of the input.

4 years... I agree. That is too long for an update to this feature!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vanquish Forum Index -> Suggest New Features All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: